Saturday, July 15, 2006

Composition class


I have been so busy trying to to keep up with the composition class and the Scavenger Hunt, that I have not had time to go back to my painting but hope to this Monday. Micahel Newberry's approach on a good compostion is making the four corners interesting. I had never really thought about the four corners and always concentrated my composition in the whole of the painting leaving the corners practically bare. This last exercise I tried, might lead me to an abstract painting if the composition is correct. I will have to wait for Michael's wise critique on this one. Michael has asked us to make quick sketches even if they are not neat since the importance here, is to think of interesting negative shapes or shapes formed by the drawing itself.

Technorati tags: , ,,

No comments: