Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Still Experimenting


When I started using ecaustic and added gold leaf and different paper to it, plus powdered pigment dusted over at times and then fused with a hot gun, I was captivated by the way the intensity of the color would increase with the heat of the hot gun or the blow torch. I have always been audacious with my art but I have to admit that sometimes I have had disasterous results. This reminds me of a quote by French artist Robert Henri (1865-1929).

"I believe very much in the importance of a thorough study of the materials used. Their quality as to durability. An artist may not be a chemist but he can ascertain much from books written by authorities.

I believe in the study of technique. One should know as far possible all the possibilities of a medium" Robert Henri, from the book THE ART SPIRIT.

No comments: