Saturday, June 03, 2006

At The Beginning

This blog is about the constant search in my life, to find the style and medium with which I will be satisfied. It has been a search that started in 1989 with achievements, success and frustration. I started in a Mixed Media experimental workshop with no knowledge of drawing or composition. In spite of this, my instructor encouraged me to continue and start showing at collective shows in the city. Soon after that, I had my own solo shows and sold quite a bit of work. It wasn't until I came across Wet Canvas, that I realized that I practically knew nothing about drawing, composition, perspective and a lot of other things related to good art. I will always be very grateful to Alberto Martìnez for his encouragement, teachings and dedication to me. He opened a world of alternative materials to create with and taught me to lose the fear of making a mistake.

No comments: