Thursday, June 29, 2006
This was going to have a completely different palette. I had imagined it in monochromed earthy colors but my desire to play around with colored inks was stronger than my will to leave the ink alone and of course I ended up ruining the first layer except for the fossil itself. My only solution was to extend the black to the background and cover all of the ink mixes. In the long run those do give the whole piece some hints of color in the underpainting that do help. For the texture I use wall texturizer that I have used for years and have never had any cracking or loss of texture. I had to use oil stain to balance with and used oil paint for the final touch ups. All of this is on masonite 20X16.