Friday, November 14, 2008

A few wet on wet studies










It has been such a long time since I last posted work. Life gets in the way sometimes but the desire to produce some art, is always there. I have had to find an easier way to produce my art until I decide if I'm going to have back surgery or not.

One of the things I left on my waiting list was trying some Plein Air and putting into practice what I learned from Michael Newberry during the workshop. There is one Plein Air of these three small paintings (12x9.5in.), and two attemps of wet on wet. The interior was really just a study of the white wall to learn how to mix in some colors into the white. I enjoyed doing that very much but didn't plan my composition right and the painting only includes a fourth of the wall, so I'm afraid it doesn't read very well. The onions still life started as an alla prima, but I got interrupted so many times that I was only able to work on it for a while during three days, so by then most of the paint was dry.

This has gotten me back in the swing of painting so I hope I will be posting much more often.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Mary, nice to see you getting your brushes wet again with these three lovely paintings. I am sorry to hear your back is bothering you and that you might have to have surgery. I'm sending some healing thoughts and gentle hugs your way.

Anita said...

Mary - great to see you back to work and looks like you were having fun with these. I love teh last one.
Keep well, Amiga!

Anonymous said...

Mary you worked these out beautifully. Great finish!

Mary said...

Stacy thank you for the comment and gentle healing thoughts. Fortunately I haven't been kept from doing alot of the things I like.

Anita, these have been fun and I hope I get better and faster at them, with time.

Robin, thank you for your good advice always, and this comment is very encouraging.

Unknown said...

They are all so beautiful but I am drawn to that landscape - it is stunning and I can get lost in it.